Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Seekh kababs


Omg! This recipe totally surprised me. It turned super delicious at one shot. Seriously! if you are looking out for some real authentic recipe for seekh kababs, then you are at right place. 

My curious head always pushes me to try out new recipes and to be honest I never share the recipes if it turns bad. I personally recommend this to anyone who is looking for homemade seekh kababs. This recipe is undoubtedly amazing and easy.

If you must be checking my blog regularly, then you must have noticed my recurrent use of chicken as an ingredient in most of my recipes. 

I just want to disclose that I love chicken! In fact I call myself as chickentarian!...( I created that word FYI...)

But don't worry I always mention the alternative option. I made seekh kababs using minced chicken, you can use lamb mince too.


You will need, Ingredients:

• 1 medium onion, chopped
  • • 4-5 green chillies, or to taste
  • • 4-5 large cloves of garlic
  • • 2.5cm piece root ginger
  • • 2 meduim potatoes
  • • 500g chicken/lamb mince
  • • 3/4 cup gram flour
  • • Salt to taste
  • • 1 tbsp ground red pepper, or to taste
  • • 1 tbsp ground coriander
  • • 1 tbsp ground cumin
  • • 1 tsp aniseed powder
  • • 1/4 bunch finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
  • • 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
  • • 2 tbsp ghee/oil 
  • • 1/2 lemon, juiced
  • • 15 bamboo skewers, soaked in water


Step 1:

Semi boil potatoes, peel and finely grate them. Keep it aside.

Process the onion, green chillies, garlic and root ginger in a food processor until finely chopped.

In a large bowl, combine the onion mixture and the potatoes with the chicken/lamb mince and the remaining ingredients. Mix well. 

Cover and leave in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or overnight.


Step 2:

Take handfuls of the mixture and wrap around each skewer in the shape of a sausage. 

Place under a hot grill at the highest setting, or cook on a barbecue heated to high heat, or place the skewers in OTG oven at 230'C for 20 minutes. 

Note: Grease the tray with oil while using an oven.

Turn over once whilst cooking. Kababs are done when both sides are crisp and browned, and when juices run clear.

Serve hot with slices of onion,lemon wedges and mint chutney.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment