Friday, October 4, 2013

Oreo Delight


Hello folks! It's weekend already, time to make something sinfully delicious. I made Oreo delight when one of my cousin said she's coming to meet me in 30 minutes. I made in a hurry and honestly I didn't thought that it would turn this palatable that I myself just couldn't get enough.

I didn't followed a recipe to be honest, I just followed my kitchen instinct. I guess it's the magic of Oreos, they make anything deliciously decadent. 

Oreo delight is simple, quick and not to forget, it's unbelievably delectable. You don't have to wait long for it to set, unlike chocolate mousse, it just need an hour to chill in a refrigerator.

It's my new favourite dessert to be found in my fridge. The only problem with this dessert is to keep yourself away from over-indulging. By now I believe that you recognized my love for this dessert. Ahhh... It's delightful!


You will need, Ingredients:

• 200g Oreo cookies 
• 100g dark chocolate
• 250 ml whipping cream (sweet)
• Chocolate sauce (optional)

Makes 6 servings.


Step 1:

Chop dark chocolate into small pieces. Heat half of the whipping cream in a microwave bowl or in a saucepan for a minute or until it starts boiling. Pour hot whipping cream on chopped chocolates, and stir with a spoon until chocolates are melted.

Note: heat the whipping cream and chocolate again if the chocolates are not melted completely. Use microwave for best results.


Step 2: 

Beat melted chocolate in cream with an electric beater until it starts getting thicker. Mix the other half of the cream and keep beating until it gets stiff enough to form soft peaks. 

Transfer it to a piping bag with a star nozzle.

Note: Add 1 cup of icing sugar if your whipping cream is sugarless. Beat well.


Step 3:

Grind 150g of Oreo cookies, until it turns into a powder. Reserve 6 whole cookies for topping.

Now make a fairly thin layer of powdered Oreo cookies in a serving glass. 



Using a piping bag with a star nozzle, make a layer of whipped chocolate cream. 



Form another layer of powdered Oreo cookies followed by whipped chocolate cream layer.



Again repeat the procedure.





Drizzle chocolate sauce on top and place a whole Oreo cookie in the centre.



Cover each glasses with an intact plastic to maintain the freshness. Place in a refrigerator for an hour atleast before serving. You can store in a refrigerator for 3 days maximum.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment