Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Chocolate and Caramel ice cream


Nothing can beat a homemade Ice cream made with dark chocolate, caramel and cookies. Did I just said cookies? Yes! Believe me, I received the very raised eyebrow look from my family, until they tried and finished the entire tub, licking till the end! 

When I made this ice cream, I wasn't really referring to any particular recipe. I just saw a big tub of plain vanilla ice cream in my freezer, and I couldn't resist to flavor it. Honestly I never thought this dessert will become a new staple in my household.

All the ingredients are easily available in your pantry. I reckon you will rush in your kitchen to experiment this recipe! Trust me! It's tried and tested.


You will need, Ingredients:
  • 1000 ml vanilla ice cream
  • 100g butter/chocolate cookies
  • 100g dark chocolate
  • 8-10 chewy toffees
  • 100ml caramel

Step 1:

Grind the cookies in a mixer grinder until it turns into a gritty powder.


Mix powdered cookies in the ice cream. I used a dough cutter to spread evenly just to avoid messy work. You can also use a large flat spoon.


Melt dark chocolate. Bring melted chocolate to room temperature and drizzle it over the ice cream. The drizzled dark chocolate will harden immediately. Use a dough cutter or a flat spoon to break the chocolate into fine bits.



Step 2:

Chop chewy toffees.


Transfer half of the vanilla ice cream in a deep container. Pour the entire caramel and spread the chewy toffee evenly.


I used my homemade caramel in the ice cream, you can either buy from supermarket or from any confectionery store.


Fill the remaining ice cream and cover it with a lid or a foil paper. 


Sometimes the ice cream melts while flavouring, that happens due to rise in the kitchen temperature, but not to worry. Be confident and carry your work until you get done, it will set eventually.

Freeze the ice cream for 4 hours at least to set it completely. 


You can also serve by drizzling some melted dark chocolate on top of each ice cream scoop. It's yum!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment